We believe that great design is a careful balance of form AND function. Interiors can be beautiful and live-able at the same time. Our goal is to provide our clients with a design that is both timeless and modern, is carefully curated and well-planned, personally fulfilling and uniquely beautiful. We're passionate about the details, and work to create interiors that surprise and inspire.
We are well educated in interior design, including the use of architectural principles and technology. And, we're accomplished in any style design from traditional to transitional, contemporary to modern, sophisticated to playful, from lake home to ocean front...in the Minneapolis metro and beyond. We welcome all styles of projects, and treat all with the high level of service that you expect and deserve.
Whether a full-scale remodeling project or custom build interior…our mission is to provide our clients with a design plan that is functional and stylish, and that meets their requirements of timing and budget, and, of course, personal style. We’re proud of our work, and look forward to helping you create your new style.
Sure you've seen our portfolio on-line…but how do you know we're the right fit? This is your chance to kick the tires, take a test drive. This is the time to really differentiate your designer from other firms. We'll begin with an introductory meeting to establish your requirements and priorities, discuss your deadlines and timeframes and outline a scope of services. We'd also like to take some time to tell you about us...our education, training and experience.
First we'll gather more detailed information in your home, like measurements and dimensions, inventory your existing furnishings and fixtures, and document how you'd like to incorporate them into your new look.
Then we'll photograph areas to be changed, as well as items that are critical to the plan…i.e. a favorite sculpture or textile from your travels.
Finally, we'll define how you use your space...and how you'd like to use your space. We can also review examples of design you like, discuss spatial flow and overall aesthetics.
We'll meet with you to present design concepts / solutions including preliminary colors, materials, sketches, images and themes that help you visualize the finished product and further explore the design problem. We'll discuss space utilization and traffic patterns more in depth, and also develop timelines and budgets factoring in the effective use of space and the most efficient use of the budget while meeting your timeline.
A finalized presentation of design solutions is presented for approval including (but not limited to:)
-Floor plans, elevations, perspectives (if required), renderings
-Finish boards with interior finishes: paints, floor coverings, window and wall coverings
-Furniture selections and upholstery samples
-Space planning and furniture arrangements
-Lighting selections and plumbing fixture selections
-Finalize budget and final design approval
Construction Drawings/Contract Administration/Project Management
The final phase documents and executes the design solution including (but not limited to):
- Documentation of any construction related design changes on technical drawings with written specifications
- Final documentation of furniture specifications, lighting plans and lighting specifications, millwork and cabinetry specifications, etc.
- On-site visits as needed or required to construction site
- Communication with contractors as needed or required
- Scheduling and installation of final floorcoverings, wallcoverings, furniture, artwork and accessories
Design work is billed on an hourly basis. Invoices are sent monthly and a retainer is required to begin work. An estimate of design hours can be provided once we learn more about your project. New projects must meet a minimum in hourly design services
- Interior new construction or remodeling / renovations
- Kitchen and Bath remodel / redesign
- Full Service Design
- Turn-key residential interior design and decoration
- Custom window and headboard treatments
- Art, Accessories and Carpets
- Finish selection
- Custom cabinetry
- Custom furniture design, ordering and tracking
- Custom wall and ceiling finishes
- Lighting Design and light fixture selections
- Cohesive color and fabric schemes
- Wine Rooms
- Furnishings – selection and purchasing of fabrics and furnishings
- Access to Design Centers
- Project management
- CAD Drawings
- Space planning